Providence Health & Services Associate Nurse Manager (RN) - Surgical Services/OR in Milwaukie, Oregon
Providence is calling Associate Nurse Manager - Operating Room / Surgical Services (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Milwaukie Hospital in Milwaukie, OR.
Take a peek at what working for Providence can offer to you:
Outstanding benefits that start the same day you do
Competitive salary based on experience
Generous paid time off; work/life balance
Education reimbursement opportunities
Relocation Assistance may be available
Free Annual Tri-Met pass / Free parking
Vacation destination and retail discounts
We are seeking an Associate Nurse Manager is accountable for the provision and quality of nursing services at the facility - department level for a defined department(s), in support of Providence Health & Services System and Regional goals. This includes strategically ensuring a balance of optimal and efficient patient care; staff, patient, and physician satisfaction; and cooperative partnerships with other organizational departments and professional groups. With a constant focus on patient-centeredness and staff and patient safety, the Associate Nurse Manager creates and maintains standards and systems for care delivery for their department(s).
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
INTEGRATING MISSION AND VALUES:
ANA Standard: Ethics.
• Identifies need for, and acts as necessary to advocate for systemic change to insure the Mission will be viable in the future with decreasing resources.
• Role models Core Values in actions, decision, and language:
◦ Promotes an environment of hope, healing, and hospitality.
◦ Sets standards and expectations for caring and trusting behaviors for all levels of nursing staff.
• Acts as lay leader to insure the heritage of the sponsoring religious community is told in the organization.
• Acts on opportunities to extend the Mission and values other Catholic Health Care into the larger community/society.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING:
Benner: Diagnosing and Monitoring; Administering and Monitoring Interventions.
ANA Standard: Assessment; Problems/Diagnosis; Identification of Outcomes; Planning.
• Focuses organization on top critical priorities.
• Anticipates future trends and consequences. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans to address future needs:
◦ Encourages creative approaches.
◦ Eliminated barriers for success.
Benner: Advocacy; Quality.
ANA Standard: Implementation; Quality of Care and Administrative Practice; Research.
• Assures the needs and voice of the patient as the customer are heard by consistent integration of nursing in the development and achievement of organizational goals.
• Advocates for public policy improving health care and nursing practice.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customer groups by gaining trust and respect.
• Champions patient and staff safety at all levels in the organization.
• Reduces variation and error through implementation of evidence-based practice models.
• Continuously improves outcomes through empowerment and management of data by promoting nursing research.
• Plans for and supports the implementation of technology to support clinical practice
Benner: Teaching and Coaching; Managing Change.
ANA Standard: Professional Environment; Performance Appraisal.
• Establishes and maintains a safe, supportive, and healthy environment to practice nursing throughout the region.
• Creates and develops high performance teams when needed:
◦ Gives team members appropriate responsibility, authority, freedom, and support to assure teams wins and successes.
◦ Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions in a timely manner on a regular basis.
◦ Fosters open and direct communication that encourages dialog and supports oppositional thinking.
◦ Employs excellent listening skills.
◦ Steps up to conflict and is able to find common ground to achieve cooperation with minimum discord.
◦ Creates and communicates a compelling vision of Providence Oregon Nursing that reflects the present and the future. Inspires ownership of the vision that is inclusive of all staff at all levels.
◦ Attracts the best talent to the organization.
◦ Advances and embraces diversity in both staff and patient populations.
◦ Clearly assigns responsibility and authority for tasks and decisions:
▪ Sets clear objectives and measures.
▪ Holds people accountable for results.
DEMONSTRATING BUSINESS EFFECTIVENESS:
Benner: Organizational and Professional Development.
ANA Standard: Professional Knowledge; Collaboration; Resource Utilization.
• Understands the close connection between Finance and Human Resources in attaining quality clinical outcomes. Partners with peers from these areas to provide infrastructure to reach clinical goals of excellence.
• Understands how people and organizations function and is able to maneuver through complex political situations effectively. Manages up in support others throughout the organization.
• Provides leadership on strategic direction and resource allocation committees and councils that affect nursing practice throughout the region.
• Assures compliance with all professional, regulatory, and legal standards in development of organizational policy.
• Knowledgeable about current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting health care.
• Actively participates in decision making with leaders for all areas of management, finance, medical staff, and clinical focus areas to create processes and structures that support the Mission and goals of Providence Health System.
• Demonstrates the ability to:
◦ Make decisions based on fact and identified need which also support Catholic social and ethical teachings.
◦ Make quick but sound decisions when required by a situation without sacrificing decision quality.
◦ To handle risk and uncertainty by making decisions without all facts as necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Current Oregon RN License
BLS Healthcare Provider
12 months' RN experience as pertinent to specialty area of unit
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products, electronic communication systems
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
6 years' experience in nursing with experience in progressive leadership roles
National Certification from ANA or Professional Organization in relevant field of clinical expertise strongly recommended
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nurse Lead/Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 253017